Saturday, April 3, 2010

Andrea Nielsen 1874

Andrea Nielsen 1874
As written by Birthe Marie Nielsen Lindhardt

My Dad’s sister Andrea was born March 26 1874 in Stoense. She married at the age of 24 to Hans Mortensen Madse. He was a miller in Snøde at this time and my Dad told me that he made wheat/flour so good that he won a gold medal in a contest in Rudkøbing. The mill went well but he sold the mill at a big price and bought a piece of land on Sjælland “Enghavegård” in Sorø. He hired my Dad as a helper and my Dad stayed there for 1 year. Dad wished to quit the job so he could leave as friends. They had a little different views on farming. Andrea and Hans Mortensen had 3 sons but the oldest died from the Spanish Plauge. The boys names were Orla and Helge, but I don’t know when they were born. Andrea and Hans Mortensen arranged a vacation 50th wedding anniversary on November 22 1948. The picture os from that event with my Mom and Dad together with Uncle August and Aunt Hilda as guests in addition to the children and grand children.

No comments:

Post a Comment