Saturday, April 3, 2010

Anine Regine Hansen 1844

Anine Regine Hansen 1844
My Dads Mom
As written by Birthe Marie Nielsen Lindhardt

 
Anine Regine was born March 1 1844 in Snode, Langeland. Her dad was landlord Niels Hansen and her mom was Ane Kathrine Rasmusdatter, who was also from Snode. Anine was the oldest of 7 children and my dad said that she was an excellent student in school. She could read and write and it was always her that helped the kids with their homework and wrote the family letters. She was also a good housewife and mother. Everything was homemade and home baked. She was very hard working and helped with the running of the farm.
My Dad admired her a lot. My dad said that Anine’s dad, Niels Hansen was in the war from 1848 to 1859 together with his 2 brothers. They were in the same rank and he saw them both die. He was unharmed. My mother told me that my grandmother was a fast runner and that she played hide and seek with my older sisters. Bedstemor died Nov 26 1931 at the age of 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment